1. Requirement Management:
Purpose of the Requirement is to establish a common understanding between the customer and software Project. It covers Technical and non-Technical requirements. The agreement (common understanding) forms the basis for estimating, planning, performing and tracking the software project's activities throughout the software life cycle. The following are the key components of the requirements management.
- Initial of baseline requirement.
- Change in requirement.
- Plans and activities are consistent with requirements.
- Document your requirements using visual methodologies like Use Cases. The following key information needs to be documented:
- Delivery Dates for each miles stones.
- Agreements with Conditions and Terms.
- End user, operator, support, or integration functions.
- Design Constrains.
- Programming Language
- Acceptance criteria.
- Control changes.
- Let other groups review requirements:
- Configuration Management Group.
- Analysis and Design Group.
- Quality Assurance Group.
- Documentation Group.
- Allocation of required resources like Business Analysts who has domain knowledge and Tools (like Rational or Visio, Trace ability , Configuration Management) and Time.
- Training needs to perform activities if any.
- List Activities:
- Identify in-complete and missing requirements and check Feasibility of the requirement.
- Configuration Management: Manage and Control.
- Changes needs to be reviewed and incorporated.
- Measurement and Analysis:
- Periodic reviews with Senior Management.
- Periodic reviews with Project Managers.
- Periodic reviews with Quality Assurance Group.
2. Project Planning:
Project Planning involves developing estimates for the work to be performed and constraints and goals that define and bound the Project. The act ivies to be performed are the following:
- Estimate Size of the work in Man days.
- Requirement Document is basis for planning.
- Resources needed.
- Prepare schedule.
- Identify risks.
- Negotiate commitments.
3. Project Tracking and Oversight:
Purpose of the Project Tracking and Oversight is to provide adequate visibility into actual progress so that management can take effective actions when project's performance deviates significantly from the plans.
Key information required is as follows:
- Actual results.
- Monitoring by Managers.
- Corrective action plans
- Changes to commitments by effected groups.
4. Subcontract Management:
Purpose of the Subcontract Management is to select qualified subcontractor and monitor him. The following key information is required.
- Select qualified subcontractor.
- Domain knowledge.
- Technology knowledge.
- Prior experience.
- Ability to perform task:
- Create agreement ( Service Level Agreement) of terms and conditions for Technical and Non-Technical requirements.
- Prepare Project Plans.
- Statement of work: Prepared , Reviewed and Agreed.
- Development Plan
- Maintain ongoing communication.
- Track results and performance.
5. Quality Assurance:
6. Configuration Management:
|Click to go to Home Page|